In case some of you were questioning what happened to the monthly practice over the last two months, simple explanations:
1) March: The last friday of the month was Good Friday. 'Nuff said.
2) April: Quite frankly I was caught up in my work priorities and other things in my personal life and needed to step back a bit from Latin Mass stuff. I was also quite exhausted thanks to said other issues. Nothing like a part time job at all hours with requests for help to wear you out.
So no, to those who think it has tanked and died, WRONG! The group is back on, and will be having a practice tomorrow, May 31, at 8pm at St. Lawrence the Martyr Catholic Church, Scarborough, ON.
Where: St. Lawrence the Martyr, 2210 Lawrence Ave. E, Scarborough, ON. It is closest to St. Lawrence Ave. E + Kennedy Rd. TTC access via Kennedy Station 43/43B bus and a 10 min walk west on L.A.E.
The focus of this practice will be the Solemn Latin Mass. We will be working in tandem with St. Lawrence the Martyr parish and the St. Patrick`s Gregorian Choir, as the next Solemn Latin Mass in the core of the Archdiocese of Toronto will be the evening of next Friday, June 7, at 7pm at St. Lawrence the Martyr. In this practice, roles will be assigned to servers who desire to serve the Solemn Mass. We will go through a run through of the serving portions of the Mass as a refresher to all who attend, but in addition to teach new roles to servers who are new to the Mass, or who have been "promoted" to a more demanding role in serving.
The serving group is always looking for new servers! If you are an adult or young man who wants to start serving, please come to the practice and send me your contact information, both an e-mail AND a cell or home phone number (or that of your parents in addition to your own if you are a minor under 18) to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will also be forwarding your contact information to the organizers of the SPGC choir so they may contact you for further/future Masses and to know who will ACTUALLY be serving next friday.
In addition, if you want to do serving outside of the group, via a Latin Mass parish and/or a Solemn Latin Mass choir in the diocese as well. I will forward your information onto the organizers, or give you information for one of the Latin Mass parishes in the diocese. Please submit all information by e-mail, not by comment boxes (more for your privacy).
Pax Tibi Christi, Julian Barkin.
Fall 2014 Latin Mass Special Offerings, SEE HERE!
- Sources of Information for Special Offerings Latin Mass Listings
- COLLECTION OF MY LATIN MASS QUESTION AND ANSWER POSTS AND ALTAR SERVING POSTS
- The Liguorian Reflection Series on Many Ascetical Works
- BLOG RULES!!! READ THEM BEFORE YOU COMMENT OR E-MAIL ME!
- Contact Information
- Servimus Unum Deum - Latin Mass Serving Group
- LONG TERM PROJECT: Vatican II Reading and Countering with the Actual Documents, AND YOU CAN HELP!!!
- Known Latin Mass Listings in the Archdiocese of To...