Monday 4 November 2013

Thnigs are Grinding Slowly, but Grinding .... Like the Vatican

Hello Everyone,

I know there hasn't been a lot here on Servimus recently in terms of the altar serving department, so sorry for being so sluggish.

I'm currently training for my new position at my workplace and fulltime hours gives me little strength and desire to work in the evenings. I've also been balancing a very busy life between the Latin Mass stuff, work, my church stuff which saw the new edition of the teen program at my parish, and even my social life. And it's gotten bigger than ever!

Not to mention when I do the serving posts, they take time! I don't just tell you how to do it, I look at what's behind each position.

Anyways, I am letting you know I'd say I'm about 75% complete on the thurifer post. It's pretty big, as it's not just a minor position in the Mass. It's what I'd consider a senior position, alongside the acolytes, with the "Master" position being the Master of Ceremonies. More to think and do with each position.

When I'm done that, I'll then be covering serving solo at the Low Mass, after having completed some serving in the summer in that position.

In between that, I'd better update the Servimus serving group page too, and book the November practice.

Pax, Julian.

No comments:

Post a Comment