Hello to All.
I figure that I might as well lay down the law for this blog, before I start, in order to ensure everyone knows the decorum of this domain in the blogosphere:
This is a blog by a Roman Catholic Male, mainly for Latin Masses and serving in the Archdiocese of Toronto. It could be for others who are interested in such things. If you do not like what is contained here, be you a non-Catholic, or a more "progressive"/Liberal Catholic, I am not holding you here against your will. I treat this blog as my living room and you are "guests" in my domicile.
I will NOT TOLERATE any of the following.
- Religious indifference/hate to the Catholic faith or Catholic religions. This can include: direct insults and hatred towards laypeople or clergy, taking a pro-choice, pro-Latin Rite married priest, pro-euthanasia, etc. stance and insulting people on here. See further below for valid concern/criticisms.
- Any form of blatant racism, or religious indifference/hate to OTHERS if they do not share of our Catholic faiths or share other philosophies. Likewise to those who aren`t Catholic or have those philosophies, see the point above.
- Constant trolling or "S*#& disturbing".
- Insulting or lashing out at Traditional Catholicism and those who engage in such practices of their faith. The same applies to goes for traditional Catholics who insult or lash out at those who are Novus Ordo only and do post Vatican II practices. Exception: If something is seriously grievous to the Catholic faith and attention should be brought to it, or an exceptionally intelligent argument is brought to the limelight. I might even investigate what you bring further as I am just a young buck and I gotta broaded my mind.
- Any links to pornography, anti-Catholic sites from any source (regardless of religion or philosophy of the site and your religion or philosophy) as spam or insulting those here on my blog. This should be a no-brainer.
- Direct insults at me or anyone else partaking in Latin Mass Efforts. If you have an issue with other people, take it up with them, but I won't allow piss-potting here.
- An anonymous poster who does any of the following above or in the "warning" list below. I can't exactly warn you if I don't know who you are.
- emails from people with addresses that are blatantly obvious in your intentions e.g. email@example.com
- you do what is in the "warning list" a 2nd time or repeatedly. Depending on a case-by-case basis from me, I`ll either toss you our or give you a sterner warning.
- As of March 31, 2013: Anyone who is adamantly defending and insistent on adherence to SSPX, or traditionalist groups not in canonical recognition and/or communion with the Holy Church.
These kind of violations will not get your posts published. Also I will block you if you abuse the group e-mail in any matter. That will result in your blogger ID or e-mail blocked immediately if you have one.
Here`s my warning list. You do something once, I`ll let you know as politely as possible, or sternly if it merits that. After that, case by case bases you might get yourself booted here or get a sterner warning, but like baseball "3 strikes and your out!":
- Something that might seem racist, or express religious indifference/hate to the Catholic faith or Catholic religions. Same with those of other faiths or philosophies. It`ll become bumped up to Red Flag status if I or a commenter becomes validly offended.
- Criticizing someone else if it is not validly offensive or what they write bears no harm.
- First instances of trolling or "S*#& disturbing".
- Modified as of March 31, 2013. Sounding condescending on anything Traditional Catholics do. Same goes for Traddies who are negatively critical of Novus Ordo Catholics.
- Any promotion of Latin Masses NOT said by a diocesan, valid and licit priest, or valid and licit effort. E.g. SSPX. I will not promote that on my site. I will be kind enough to warn you though not to do it again. I WILL ALLOW however tips from their serving as they might know things that start-ups in the Dioceses do not, with the TLM being something new to the diocese.
- Indirect insults at me or someone yanking my chain or others.
- Defense of or criticism of certain internet bloggers, laypeople, clergy, etc. If it smells like idol worship or character assassination, You's be trolling! Exception: If you have solid evidence or can cite/quote other sources to prove your point about a specific person's/clergy member's incosistency with the Catholic faith, I might show it and follow it up.
So I hope you all understand. I don't want cat-fights, or bickering, or poo-pooing one form of the Roman Rite vs. Another, or calling the Novus Ordo an occasion of sin.
Please play nice on here and share in the Catholic brotherhood/sisterhood here. Please be respectful and full of Catholic Charity on here. Thank you, Julian.
Modifications Made as of March 31, 2013
Fall 2014 Latin Mass Special Offerings, SEE HERE!
- Sources of Information for Special Offerings Latin Mass Listings
- COLLECTION OF MY LATIN MASS QUESTION AND ANSWER POSTS AND ALTAR SERVING POSTS
- The Liguorian Reflection Series on Many Ascetical Works
- BLOG RULES!!! READ THEM BEFORE YOU COMMENT OR E-MAIL ME!
- Contact Information
- Servimus Unum Deum - Latin Mass Serving Group
- LONG TERM PROJECT: Vatican II Reading and Countering with the Actual Documents, AND YOU CAN HELP!!!
- Known Latin Mass Listings in the Archdiocese of To...